Thursday, August 28, 2008

To a very remarkable FATHER I am blessed to have had




I won't waste too much time on anything just so I could release this ever nagging thought I've been having in my mind. I don't want to hold this information for myself, and I want to share some experiences I had in having a father who has always been a good provider, a great teacher in so many ways, beloved brother to all of his siblings, and so little time to give merit to.

Though few people knew about my father's existence, I am too fancied to share his underlying good traits in this article. My father's childhood could not be termed as an abundant one. He was the eldest among his siblings(8 of them). Growing up in a not so well to do family, my grandfather being a fisherman and my grandmother a housewife. As most of us would conclude, he was of course in the event after all the sole provider to most of his siblings as he grew up and matured.

Working his way thoroughly with much patience and perseverance in every difficult situation to keep his family and provide every means he could give. He is not used to being served but SERVICE to his fellow has been one of the greatest value I have found in him. He is a peaceful-loving individual, he doesn't want to hear some bad misgivings about his family nor anyone under his custody. He can be very charming if he wants to, every time(I specially loved his being comedian from time to time).

Though others may say that he seems quiet and reserved (which is only true to those who doesn't know him well). He is actually a very sweet person (too sweet that I easily get ashamed whenever I get lousy and lazy). He would eventually tell us his experiences when he was young and already working for food to provide for his family. Until he became our father he was still the provider.

This is just an observation of mine, truth is, I have never ever heard him complain nor get angry to anyone up to any extent. Everything he has said and done, as his children we are trying to emulate. His good values and right virtues we have been aspiring to follow. For dependability, he is number one in my lists. From being single even until he was married, he has been a dependable brother to his siblings and mentor to those under his authority while he was a chief engineer.

Another thing I am proud of about my father is his being humble and his down-to-earth attitude, though he was not a graduate of any high university. I can claim that he was able to work his way to becoming highest in his field of endeavor. He had gone from cargo man to cook to sailor until he became a marine engineer in a shipping vessel. He passed the board exam in just one take and knowing him, he was just able to finished school until his fifth grade.

That's why, there is no high mountain nor deep ocean we can not overcome if we just strive. Just like my father, I know in my heart that if I strive and pursue my goals, there are no hindrances I cannot break free from. Just keep our trust in GOD, as I know my father always have been. For with GOD, nothing indeed is impossible. And to HIM my praise and joy in keeping my father in his hand.

And lastly, Papa, you'll always be placed in our hearts(most especially in MaMa's). We always love you and forever you'll be inculcated and your good morale instilled in our minds and hearts.

3 comments:

Penny said...

Condolence..death is not the end..its the beginning of a new life..where we can find an everlasting happiness..your father is just there guiding you and will serve as our protection in your daily endeavors..God Bless!

Anonymous said...

NICE POST. I THINK CARING AND LIVIN TOGETHER IS THE WAY TO WIN ANYTHING

Faith said...

Thanks for your comments:), its a natural thing to grieve but now I am grateful that we were able to live pass through this event. By God's grace, we are now doing well.